Festivals & Events
| || |
World Tourism Day Photo Competition 2011
Sunday, July 10, 2011
UNWTO is happy to announce the 2011 World Tourism Day online photo competition under the theme Tourism – Linking Cultures.
What kind of photos are we looking for?
World Tourism Day 2011 is a celebration of how tourism can link together the cultures of the world through engagement, dialogue and understanding.
We are looking for photos which capture how tourism brings people together from different cultures and ways of life around the world. We'd like to see photos that reflect the role of tourism in strengthening ties, promoting peace and conserving and enhancing cultural diversity.
• Photos can be in colour or in black and white.
• Up to 3 photos may be submitted by each individual participant.
• Photos must be the individual work of the named participant and must not have been previously published.
• Photos must be submitted electronically in high resolution jpeg, gif or png format (minimum 800 width x 600 height pixels/no more than 5MB)
• All photos should be accompanied by a title and a short description, no more than 250 characters.
Who can participate?
The World Tourism Day online photo competition is open to everyone!
• 1st Prize - to be confirmed
• 4 Runners-up will be awarded with a digital camera
• Winning photos will be featured on www.UNWTO.org
The deadline for participation is 31 August 2011. Winners will be announced and notified in early September 2011.
For more information please visit
Current Festivals & Events